If you are looking for starting out a new stream of income for yourself, then I have a really good option for you. That’s called Affiliate Marketing. This blog post is going to be a complete guide for beginners like you. I’ll be sharing a lot of great strategies and every possible information that will help you to start.
After reading this complete post, you’ll be able to create a new stream of income for you and enjoy financial freedom. I have been doing this for the last two years and have seen tremendous growth. Now, I have decided to share my personal journey and help beginners like you.
If you have any of these problems, then trust me this post is going to be a blessing for you.
- Looking for a New Stream of Income.
- Tired of your current job.
- Want to start an online business.
These are the basic things that might have motivated you to start Affiliate Marketing. I always consider this as my business because the word business gives me “motivation”.
Before starting, I just want to share some of the facts and figures with you about this business.
- Affiliate Marketing is one of the most common ways Digital Marketers use to Generate Revenue.
- More than 84% of the publishers or product/service owners use this method to increase revenue.
- You can earn as much money you want.
- On average, an affiliate marketer earns around $20,000 to $30,000 per year. The experts in this field are already making more than 6-Figure Income every year.
Now, It’s time to move on to the next step.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is the marketing of someone else’s product to earn commissions. In simple words, you promote a product or service to your audience and earn commission on every purchase made by your affiliate link.
This is the ultimate way to make money online.
The best part about Affiliate Marketing is you don’t have to care for any Customer service or Inventory. Your main focus should be on the Marketing of the product.
Complete Cycle Of This Business
Affiliate Marketing is a complete cycle of promotion. It starts with a publisher and goes until the customers make a purchase through your affiliate link. So, It mainly includes three persons. One being the publisher/producer, Affiliate Marketer (you), and the Customer.
Who is Producer/Publisher?
A publisher is the one who makes the product or service. They offer Affiliate marketers to promote the products to earn commissions. It’s a win-win situation for both the owner and the affiliate marketer. The owner gets an increase in revenue. On the other hand, you as an affiliate marketer earn money out of it.
Who is an Affiliate Marketer?
Affiliate Marketer is the one who promotes the products. You being an affiliate marketer will promote products. You have to put in the marketing strategies and efforts to promote. The Publisher gives you a unique affiliate link for the product.
Who is a Customer?
A customer is the one who makes a purchase with your affiliate link. You have to make sure that the customer is completely satisfied with your marketing approach. using the right marketing methods can help you to boost sales and commissions.
What is an Affiliate Link?
An Affiliate Link is a unique link given to Affiliate Marketer. This is unique to everyone. It generally looks like “example.com/ref?=123“. After signing up with an affiliate program, you just have to promote this type of affiliate link to your audience.
Steps to Get Started In Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is a vast field. It is really important to decide on your own area of work. Below, I have taught every possible way of doing this. You can decide and start taking action from the Day 1.
There are actually a lot of ways to earn money but I will be talking about the main steps. These steps can actually give you success. Also, After reading all this information. You’ll be able to decide and modify your area of working.
Select a Profitable Niche
Selecting a niche is really important because you’ll have to decide your Target Audience. Also, make sure that the niche is profitable enough. I personally target the product that is of high ticket value.
Hight ticket value gives you more commission and you have a short area to target. You have a much higher chance of selling those products to the target customer.
For example, your product costs around $500 and the commission rate is 30%. After selling a single product, you made $150. Suppose you sold 2 products per day. That means you made around $9000 per month. To achieve this you just need proper guidance and strategies. I tell you everything below.
Well, just imagine an extra $9000 to $10,000 per month. Isn’t it amazing?
Tips to Select a Profitable Niche
- Analyze your Target Audience: It is really important to analyze your target audience because with this you’ll be able to decide your profitability. You can use tools like Google Trend and SemRush for analyzing your audience. You just have to type your niche and look for the search volume and Trend. This will help you decide your audience.
- Look for High Ticket Products: Although High ticket price is hard to sell they are worth the efforts made to sell. You can sell one single product in comparison to selling 10 to 20 low ticket products. Also, the buyers are also less in numbers which makes your target easier.
- Analyze Your Competitors: This is another great way of finding the profitability of your niche. You can check the monetization techniques they are using. Also, you can use my favorite method of finding profitability. Look into the income reports of your competitors, they help you get new opportunities.
You can read this article for finding profitable niche ideas.
After selecting a niche, it’s time to select a proper promotion strategy.
I will list out all the great ways to promote the products to your audience. These things will help you out.
→ Build A Website
A website is one of the best digital assets. You can build a website to promote Affiliate Products. I will be listing out different types of affiliate websites below. you can choose any of them. Building a website is my personal favorite method of promoting Affiliate products.
And don’t worry you don’t need any special technical knowledge. It just takes less than 20 minutes to build a website.
I have created a wonderful post to Start a Blog and Make Money. You should definitely check it out and build your own blog.
You can go with Bluehost for Hosting, also get a FREE Domain name with the purchase of any hosting. This is my personal recommendation for all the beginners starting out.
1. Basic Content Blog
Content Blogs are the basic blogs whose motive is to present value with a great product recommendation. You can create content like How-to articles. Your main focus should be on helping others by solving others’ queries. These blogs are particularly designed for a long term basis.
You can help people and recommend a product related to the query. For example, you created an article like, How to Set up your blog with Bluehost. Here, you can give an Affiliate Link to Bluehost Hosting.
An example of this type of website is WireCutter.com, one of the best Affiliate Marketing Website.
2. Coupon Sites
You can try to build a coupon site. Here, you can offer coupon codes to various products. This is one of the best site examples. I would recommend you to focus on a single niche for creating a coupon site because it is comparatively easier to grow as a beginner.
“Coupons” is one of the greatest keyword people search for specific products. For example, “Hotel Discount Coupons“.
An example of this type of website is Groupon.com. You can check It out to understand more of this type of website.
3. Review Blog
A review blog is another great example of building an Affiliate Marketing Blog. You can write reviews of different products and help customers in choosing the right products. These websites are quite easy to rank on google, depending on your niche.
If you are planning to build a review site then I highly recommend you stay Honest for your Reviews. This helps to build trust with your audience.
An example of this type of site is TrustPilot.com, they review products from different niche.
4. Micro Niche Blog
Micro niche blogs are my personal favorite type Affiliate blog. These types of blog are specially designed around one specific topic or product. You can easily scale your blog to the first rank. Google also trusts these types of sites, because the complete website is designed as the authority of a particular niche or product.
I have created a complete in-depth article for creating and scaling a micro-niche blog. You can give a look and take action.
An example of a wonderful Micro niche blog is Owntheyard.com. This website only deals with the products of Gardening and Backyard Stuff.
These were some of the examples to build your own blog. I would recommend you to start a blog, especially if you are a beginner. You can read my other blogs that will help you to create a wonderful blog.
→ Using Paid Ads
Paid ads are a blessing for marketers like us. Now, I will tell you, How Paid Ads can transform your Affiliate Marketing career. Before going deep into the topic, I will tell you some of the advantages of using Paid Ads.
Pros of Using Paid Ads
- Helps in Driving Targeted Traffic
- Easy to Get Sales
- It helps you analyze your Audience
Cons of Using Paid Ads
- Difficult for Beginners
- It is not profitable always.
- Takes Time and Money for experimenting
If you know how to run campaigns, then you can definitely start with the Paid Ads. But if you are new to this field and not ready to invest money in ads, then you can start with other options as well.
Step by Step Process of Affiliate Marketing Using Paid Ads
Now, I’ll be discussing the step-by-step process of Affiliate Marketing Using Paid Ads. You’ll know the Outline of running Paid Ads.
Select a High Converting Product
Selecting a High Converting Product is very important for running Paid Ads. Your main focus should be on Profitability. Just make sure that you focus on two main things while running an ad campaign.
- Your Product should have high convertibility. People should know about the product already.
- The product should be profitable that means, it should be more than what you have invested.
It is really important to check the profitability and expenses. You have to visualize the break-even point.
Analyze your Target Audience
After selecting a product, it’s time to select your target audience. Either you can do complete research about the product and it’s user, or ask your affiliate manager for their audience’s information.
This is an important stage because you’ll be deciding your target audience. And once, you are completely sure of what audience you want to target. It’s time to run an Ad Campaign.
For example, you have selected an SEO Tool to promote. So, you have to make sure that you target the audience who is already interested in such tools. You can target Digital Marketers, Affiliate Marketers, Bloggers, etc. This is just an example. When you’ll be doing the research, make points of all possible target audiences.
Selecting the Right Ad Platform
Once you have selected your product and the target audience. It is time to select an Ultimate Ad Platform. I’ll be listing my personal favorite platforms below. You can start with any of them.
- Facebook Ads: Facebook is still of the most used Social Media Platform and you can definitely start with this. If you are just starting out, I’ll highly recommend you to start with Facebook Ads. In Facebook Ads, you also get the option for running Instagram Ads. You can use both depending upon the product you are promoting.
- Google Ads: Google ads are another great platform for beginners. If you are targeting a large group of the audience then I’ll recommend you to use Google Ads. The best part is that you are showing ads to those who are already interested in such a product.
- Quora Ads: Quora is also one of the most used forums and you can leverage Quora’s audience by running Paid Ads. I have seen most of the results from Quora Ads. And I highly recommend you to use Quora Ads for your Affiliate Product Promotion.
These three are my personal favorite Ads Platform. If you are really looking forward to using Paid Ads then you can go with any of them.
“First of all, it’s a clear warning to those who think that you can use your affiliate link directly in Paid Ads. Never Use it or your Ad Account will be banned.”
Now, after setting up your Ads campaign, it’s time to select a proper content strategy. You have to make sure that your content solves someone’s problem. Then only that person will be persuaded to buy such a product.
I personally use the following strategies. You can go with any of them.
1. Build A Landing Page: A landing page is a kind of bridge page that acts as a mediator between you and the product page. You will write some descriptions and add a Call To Action(CTA) which links to the product page. This is one of the simplest ways to get sales.
Currently, I am using Clickfunnels. You can get a FREE 14 Days Trial Here. I think this is the best landing page builder service you can use. Otherwise, I have written my all-time Favourite Landing Page Builders Reviews. You can check them out.
2. Create a Blog Post: This is another way of promoting a product. You can create a blog post that talks about all the relative information about that product. In my opinion, you should solve the problem of the audience.
For example, if you are promoting a Weight Loss product. You can create a blog post about 5 Reasons you are not Losing Weight and recommend that product. This is the most effective way of getting sales.
You can create a blog under 20 minutes here.
After creating the content, you can directly run Ads. These are my favorite strategies of promoting Affiliate products using paid Ads.
→ Email Marketing
Got an Email List?
If yes, then make sure you monetize it with Affiliate Marketing. Email Marketing is a great option for all Affiliate Marketers. You can leverage your list and make money out of it.
If you don’t have an email list, so just make sure that you avoid people selling their Email List. Those lists are completely useless.
Instead, build your own list. Although it takes time to build that’s completely beneficial to you.
You can create content related to the Affiliate product and promote it to your list.
A simple example for email marketing is that suppose, you have a list of 10,000 people. And the product you are promoting gives you $50 per sale. You send them one email per day. Suppose only 30% of people opened your email. And as you are already promoting a high conversion product which might have given you a 5% conversion rate at lowest.
That means out of 3000 people only 150 bought the product you recommended. And you got $50 per sale.
You have successfully made $7500 per day.
But to reach these numbers it will take your time and effort both. This is one of the simplest method to make money out of your email list.
You can use my all-time favorite Constant Contact (Get a 30 Days FREE Trial) to start building your list. This is one of my favorite email marketing software. You can definitely start with this.
Tips for Using Email Marketing for Affiliate Marketing
- Always Use a Landing Page to Collect Leads of your Audience. You can either use ClickFunnels or GetResponse for building landing pages and collect leads.
- Don’t send more than one email per day, otherwise, you’ll be marked as spam.
- Start by Giving Values to the Audience. Never sell the product directly instead, give them FREE values in form of Ebooks or Courses.
These were the simple ways to get started with Affiliate Marketing. Before you start, I want to tell you that it will take some time to make money. You might have to produce a lot of quality content. Make sure that you start with the basic things and experiment with things from yourself…
Right Keywords to Target For Affiliate Marketing?
The keyword plays a very important role in driving traffic. You need to target the most appropriate keywords to drive traffic. In this section, I will help you to find them.
But before starting, I want to you Sign up for this tool called SemRush. This is a wonderful tool for finding keywords for your blog or affiliate marketing. You can also analyze what your competitors are doing.
I always use this tool to find keywords that my competitors are using and then target those keywords to make money.
You can get a 14-Days FREE Trial by clicking here.
Now, it’s time for selecting the best Affiliate Keywords. Either you can use these types of keywords for the blog or for Paid Advertisements.
From the last two years, I have completely analyzed all the possible Keywords for getting the best results. I will be sharing my knowledge below.
I hope till now you have found your niche. Today, I will take the example of a shoe niche. And will share some tricks which you can later plug and play…
I will directly write down the buyer’s keywords and you can plug and play with your niche.
|Bargain [product name]||Top [product type] + year|
|The benefit of [product name]||Best [product type] under $$|
|Best [product name] website||[product name] promo code|
|Best product name||[product name] Discount|
|Best + product type + in year||Top 10 + product type + in year|
|Best price for [product name]||Where can I buy [product name]|
|Brand name [product name]||Where to buy [product name]|
|Budget [product name]||Where to find [product name]|
|[product name] on sale||Low cost [product name]|
|Top [product type]||How to … with [product name]|
These are some of my personal favorite buyer intent keywords. You can target these keywords to get traffic and make sales. These are known as buyer intent keywords. You just have to show your presence because the customer is already in the mood of buying that product.
Right Mindset For Beginners in Affiliate Marketing
No matter how much you know about skill, if you don’t have the right mindset, you’ll lose. Now, it’s Time to move on our next topic i.e, The Right Mindset For Beginners starting out.
In this section, you will learn to think while starting out in this skill. I will be sharing my personal experience so that you get success in this journey.
1. Start with a small niche
You must show yourself as an authority in a particular niche. In the beginning, don’t target a wide niche instead focus on a micro-niche. Once you’ll understand the complete game, you can create different versions of the blog.
For example, If you have chosen the Fashion niche, you can target only the jeans or the trousers in the beginning. Once you’ll start getting results, create a wonderful site that talks about Fashion
Starting with a small niche allows you to experiment with your audience. This helps you in growing your blog easily. Also, google trusts authority sites that talk about a single niche.
2. Target High Ticket Price
By High Ticket Price, I mean the product with High prices and less competition. You should target products at a high price (From $400 to $1000). The main reason behind choosing expensive products is that its market is less complicated and you only get targeted traffic.
Another reason for choosing the high ticket price is that you will make more commissions. For example, If you are getting 30% commissions, then even on one sale you’ll make an average of $200. That’s enough for beginners.
3. Understand the Product completely
This is one of the mistakes a lot of Affiliate Marketers make. You should understand the product completely and then create content for it.
Read the reviews your competitors have already written. This helps you to analyze the product. You should check for the target audience and the buying capacity of the buyers. This helps you to find appropriate keywords and the target location.
4. Prepare the Right Content Strategy
After choosing the right product, do complete research on how your competitors are promoting the product. Also, most of the companies offer an Affiliate manager you can ask them for their customer information.
This might help you to decide whether you have to build a Blog post, Run Ads, or build a Landing Page.
If you want my recommendation, you can create a wonderful single product-focused landing page and promote it with Paid Advertisement. This helps in getting results fast. But the only problem is you have to invest your money on Ads.
5. Analyze your Audience
It is really important to analyze your audience before promoting any product. Analyzing the audience helps you in preparing the content strategy. I always use a tool called Semrush to analyze what my competitors are doing to get sales.
This tool helps me get the exact content strategy and later I modify it according to the demand. Get a 7 days Free Trial For Yourself.
Top Affiliate Platforms for Beginners
Since you are a beginner, it is really important to choose the right Affiliate Program for your niche. I am listing out some of the Best Affiliate Programs for beginners. You can start your career with these platforms.
What to look for in an Affiliate Program?
If you are looking to sign up with an affiliate program, make sure you look into the following things in it. I have created this list after working with more than 47 Affiliate Programs.
- Payment Method: If you are a beginner, make sure you check this feature in each and every affiliate program. Most of the companies use Paypal, Payoneer, or direct transfer. Make sure that your Affiliate Program offers one of these payment gateways. Also, make sure that you create an account on these platforms. Here is a quick link to create your account on Paypal and Payoneer.
- Affiliate Stats: This is another important factor to look for into an Affiliate program. make sure that your Affiliate Program gives you complete tracking info. This helps you in tracking your customer’s clicks and sales. Some of the companies give their affiliate a custom landing page and deals. You can ask the company or your affiliate manager about these.
- Affiliate Assets: Most of the companies give the banners, links, widget and other important elements to promote their product. Also, some of the companies also give proper training to their Affiliate.
These are the basic things to look for into an Affiliate Program. Now, I will help you to find out the best Affiliate program for you.
1. Amazon Affiliate
Amazon offers the Best Affiliate Programs for all the beginners. You can create a micro-niche blog using Amazon Affiliate. Also, you get a lot of product categories which makes it easier for you to promote the product.
Pros of Using Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Easy to Get Affiliate Links
- Complete Tracking Info of Clicks, Products Ordered, and shipping.
- Most Trusted e-commerce brand in the world.
- Easy to get sales because of Amazon Branding
- A lot of product categories are available.
- You get a commission out of total cart value, which increases your commissions.
Cons of Using Amazon Affiliate Program
- Commission Rate ranges from 1 to 10 percent only
You can definitely start your Affiliate marketing career with Amazon Affiliate Program. Create your Amazon Affiliate Account here.
ShareASale is another great Affiliate Marketplace for all the niches. You can search for the product and apply for the Affiliate Program. It is Free to create an Account Here. It is important to have a website to sign up for this program, even if you are promoting the products via Paid Advertisements.
Pros of Using ShareASale
- A lot of product Variety Available
- Easy to Navigate and Find products
- Ease in Getting Payments
Cons of Using ShareASale
- Payment Threshold is $50
It is quite tough to get approval for a new blog. You can click here to Sign Up for ShareASale.
Clickbank is also a wonderful platform for beginners. You can easily create an account on Clickbank. There is no minimum requirement for sign up. I have written a complete blog post for ClickBank Review. Make sure you read it before signing up.
Pros of Using Clickbank
- Good For Beginners
- High Commission Rates
- Easy to Get Affiliate Links
- Huge variety of Products in the Marketplace
Cons of Using Clickbank
- Some products are scam
- Payment might delay
Click here to sign up for Clickbank.
These were my choice for beginners. You can also use JVZoo (Another Affiliate Marketplace) for finding other affiliate products.
There are a lot of other in-house programs that you can join by typing “niche+affiliate programs“. This is the best way to find a suitable affiliate program for your blog.
For example, if you are into baby care niche, then you can type “baby care affiliate programs”
You can use this method with any niche.
Must-Have Tools For Affiliate Marketing Beginners
Tools actually make your work a lot easier. After spending tons of money in tools I have figured out some of my favorite and these are specially selected for beginners like you.
I’ll be listing out some of the tools that you can use and boost your Affiliate Marketing Sales and Commissions.
- Bluehost: Bluehost is the Best WordPress Hosting Service you can use to build a blog. You can actually get a FREE Domain with the purchase of a Hosting. It will hardly cost you less than $3.95 per month (less than a cup of coffee). Here is a link especially for you. Buy Bluehost Hosting.
- Semrush: Semrush is the best keyword research and competitor analysis tool. Affiliate Marketing is a complete game of keywords. If you fail to target the right keywords, you’ll not make any sales. I highly recommend you to try Semrush for your journey. Here is a link especially for you. Get a 7 Days FREE Trial for Semrush.
- GetResponse: GetResponse is a great tool for Creating Landing Pages for your Affiliate product. You can create high converting landing pages with their pre-made templates. Here is a link especially for you. Buy GetResponse.
- Constant Contact: This is my personal favorite email marketing service. If you are just starting out, I highly recommend you build your money-making list with Constant contact. You get a ton of features with this. Here are a 30 Days FREE Trial Link specially made for you.
Top Affiliate Marketing Experts to Follow
As you are a beginner, I highly recommend you to follow some of the known experts in this field. I’ll be listing out people whom I personally Follow. You can check their blog for more amazing Content.
1. Pat Flynn, Owner Smart Passive Income
Pat is the number one Affiliate Marketer in the world. If you are a beginner, then this person can literally help you out with his content. I have been following him from the last two years and trust me, his blog’s content has literally helped me in gaining so much success.
He makes tons of dollars each month just by Affiliate Marketing. Although he stopped publishing his income reports he is earning not less than $100,000 per month, just by affiliate marketing.
Here is a sample Youtube Video of him describing Affiliate Marketing and his journey.
2. Charles Ngo, Founder Charles Ngo
Charles is another great Affiliate Marketer in the world. He has wonderful knowledge in Affiliate Marketing. He makes more than a million-dollar just by Affiliate Commissions.
You can follow his blog for Great Affiliate marketing Tips and Tricks.
3. Harsh Agarwal, Founder ShoutMeLoud
Harsh is an Indian Affiliate Marketer. His blog can literally help you with your journey growth. He is one of the greatest bloggers making India Proud with his Affiliate Marketing and Blogging Skills.
He earns more than $50,000 each month from his blog.
4. Vansh Malhotra, Founder TheDreamMarketer
Last but not least, Here is my quick introduction. Yes, I am also an Affiliate Marketer. You can learn a lot of different skills to acquire the digital world and start a successful business online.
A Quick FAQ
Of Course Yes!, It’s never too late. And the best part is that people will never stop buying things. It depends on your strategies and product. If you master this skill then no one can stop you from making a huge sum of money each month.
It depends on product to product. Some of the platforms offer you a percentage commission which can go from 1% to 100%. On the other hand, some companies give you a fixed commission, say $50 per sale. You can choose the platform that pays you more.
If you really want to succeed in Affiliate Marketing, I highly recommend you build a blog and let people trust you and your recommendation. According to me, Trust is the main key to success. Also, It will take time to build trust. It depends on the work and the efforts you are paying in your work.
Well, There are a lot of factors responsible for your income. It can be the product you are promoting, commissions you are getting, strategies you are using. On average more than 50% of Affiliate marketers are making $20,000 to $30,000 each year. There are marketers who are making more than a million-dollar each month too…
Yes, All you need is the right product, a channel to promote (blog, social media, forums, etc.) and the right strategy. You can start making commissions from day one too…
No, You don’t have to pay for joining an Affiliate Program. Its’ completely Free of Cost.
This was the complete guide for beginners, starting Affiliate Marketing. I have tried to explain everything about the topic. I really hope that you will start taking action and will share your Success journey with me and my blog.
Thank You for Staying until the end. It would be really great if you’ll let me know your view in the comment section. And don’t forget to share this on your Social media.